The UIA is endorsing the international architectural design competition for the National Concert Hall in Vilnius, Lithuania. Architects from all over the world are invited to design one of the most important future spaces in the capital city of Lithuania and to submit their proposals to the Vilnius City Municipality.
Participants are invited to design a building with two concert halls, spaces for lounge bars, a spacious lobby with a view of the city and an area for any other cultural activities.
The architectural competition is organised by the Lithuanian Union of Architects on behalf on the Vilnius City Municipal Administration in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania.
The prizes will be awarded as follows:
• First prize: 60 000 Euros
• Second prize: 40 000 Euros
• Third prize: 20 000 Euros
• Ole Gustavsen: architect, Snohetta, Norway (Jury Chair and UIA representative)
• Andreas Cukrowicz: architect, Cukrowicz Nachbaur Architekten, Austria
• Fabrizio Barozzi: architect, Barozzi/Veiga, Spain
• Xander Vermeulen Windsant: architect, XVW, Netherlands
• Gintaras Balčytis: architect, Dviejų grupė, Lithuania
• Marija Nemunienė: architect, ICOMOS Lithuania, Lithuania
• Mindaugas Pakalnis: architect, Vilnius City Municipality City’s Development Department, Deputy
• Gundula Zach: architect, Zach+ Zünd, Switzerland (UIA representative)
• Gintautas Blažiūnas: architect, doc. Vilnius Gediminans Technical University, Architecture faculty
• 18 February 2019: Competition launch
• 19 June 2019: Deadline for Questions and Answers
• 25 June 2019: Submission deadline
• September 2019: Announcement of results
• September 2019: Public exhibition
The submission deadline is set for 25 June 2019. The inauguration of the new building will take place in 2023 on the occasion of celebration of the 700th anniversary of Vilnius city.
Interested participants are invited to register via CPP lS https://pirkimai.eviesiejipirkimai.lt/. All communication between the Contracting Authority and the Participants will be conducted via this system.
For more information, visit the competition website.